sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Camel Casing Discussion

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Minozake Juliana <ltdonny AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Camel Casing Discussion
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:40:20 +0000

Hello, Tome Scribe minozake here. We need to discuss camel casing and the
wiki.

Recently I've been moving pages to add a hierarchy for organization. When I
move them, I also have been converting to camel casing, although it hasn't
been
decided upon or discussed with. The MoinMoin Wiki syntax automatically
converts camel casing to links to the wiki which is nice. In the past this
wasn't possible and it was preferable to have page names with spaces or
underscores in them.

It is also possible by user settings to automatically add a space in between
the lowercase and capital letter to provide a nice title if wanted.

Benefits of converting to camel casing:
-Auto linkage
-Customizable

Cons of converting:
-Many pages would have to be moved/renamed, and this results in commit spam

Also, this should lead into a discussion on what other characters should be
used when. For example, an underscore and a two-letter country code could be
used to denote a page translation, e.g. ExamplePage_Es for Spanish.

of an underscore plus the two-letter country code should determine translated
pages.

~Donald "minozake" Johnson