sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New x86_64 ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kajikawa Jeremy <belxjander_serechai AT yahoo.co.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New x86_64 ISO
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:28:20 +0900

Well Im the lucky owner of having access to both an AMD Sempron 32bit
and AMD Athlon64 X2 SMP kit,

I can report this... with regards SMP...
I was using SMP on the Uniprocessor Sempron with no issues at all...
so I +1 shipping ISOs with SMP enabled kernels (there is few options to
change)
and also recommend a *server* multitasking selection in the kernel
config.
let the user change the kernel options (SMGL users generally rebuild to
install anyway)

I would also recommend having a default /etc/network/interfaces file
preset with
*NO* "auto" lines and enable for the user to optionally have eth0 or
another interface
prepared for dhcp network connectivity (do we need scripting for this?)

The only query I have is possible need for wifi drivers to need
wpa_supplicant already
installed (in case of wpa wireless requirements). it is very painful
to setup by hand
and reasonably simple to prepare a hidden and dedicated network config
for this

I'll bugzilla for this if not already present...

Sincerely,
Jeremy(/Belxjander/)