sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] removing files from spell's install file

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Elisamuel Resto <ryuji AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] removing files from spell's install file
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 16:34:19 -0400

On 2008-12-04 09:36:36, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
On Thursday 04 of December 2008 02:07:39 Elisamuel Resto wrote:
Well, here's the situation:

I have a kernel-headers spell for easier updates of the kernel headers,
but to get it in a usable state I need to strip the headers out of glibc
so that when glibc is recasted it doesn't remove the headers.

The best solution I can think of is having kernel-headers sniff through
the glibc install log and remove the relevant lines so to avoid that.
But that arises the question, what is the safest way to do it?

Yuck. Why not make glibc not install them anymore and then trigger a recast of both spells in the proper order?

Then, install kernel-headers, then cast glibc (which will dispell itself) and
remove (potentially) files installed by kernel-headers. It's a nasty
situation.

--
Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net>
Source Mage General Guru / http://sourcemage.org