sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: Source Mage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:46 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Eric Sandall wrote:

What I'd do is the following:
1. Check if your entry is already in the file
2. If so, touch the file (since this package should modify that file).
If not, append the entry to the file.
3. Run any update commands (e.g. updmap-sys) in FINAL

That sounds like a plan. For this particular spell, the following map entries need to be added to web2c/updmap.cfg:

Map Acorn.map
Map AnnSton.map
Map ArtNouvc.map
Map ArtNouv.map
Map Carrickc.map
Map Eichenla.map
Map EileenBl.map
Map Eileen.map
Map Elzevier.map
Map GotIn.map
Map GoudyIn.map
Map Kinigcap.map
Map Konanur.map
Map Kramer.map
Map MorrisIn.map
Map Nouveaud.map
Map Romantik.map
Map Rothdn.map
Map RoyalIn.map
Map Sanremo.map
Map Starburst.map
Map Typocaps.map
Map Zallman.map

Should I check for each individual entry or perhaps add a comment at the top with the spell name and such and just search for that? Also, if the spell is dispelled, what's the safest way to remove the above entries. I think this might be one area where Gentoo's modular approach works well. They have an /etc/texmf/updmap.d directory where ebuilds for TeX fonts can add separate files which then get concatenated together to create the web2c/updmap.cfg file. I'm not sure if the utility that creates the web2c/updmap.cfg file is part of TeXlive or if it's something the Gentoo dev team created. It certainly does simplify installing separate font packages.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX