sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Subtle header file problem on boxes installed from 0.10.0-test4?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Subtle header file problem on boxes installed from 0.10.0-test4?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:07:51 -0500

Kevin Monceaux (Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net) wrote [08.11.04 11:54]:
> The above are defined in libdevmapper.h. It appears that some of the
> #defines from libdevmapper.h are being ignored for some reason. To work
> around the problem I ended up copying:
>
> #define DM_REPORT_OUTPUT_FIELD_NAME_PREFIX 0x00000008
> #define DM_REPORT_OUTPUT_FIELD_UNQUOTED 0x00000010
> #define DM_REPORT_OUTPUT_COLUMNS_AS_ROWS 0x00000020
>
> from libdevmapper.h directly into report.c. Although it achieved a
> successful compile it's far from an ideal solution.
>
> The person who opened the lvm bug says they got the error after installing
> from 0.10.0-test4. My box was also installed from 0.10.0-test4. Is there
> perhaps a subtle problem with the 0.10.0-test4 install that's would cause
> the above.

If the problem is caused by missing definitions in the header file, then
that has nothing to do with the ISO, but with lvm/device-mapper itself.
It sounds like perhaps there was an API change and something is broken
there. Also, as I understand it from the comments against the bug, this
problem seems to only exist in the latest stable-rc, and the known
working versions are being reported for older versions from test
(test-0.25)? Maybe it's a version mismatch between the versions of lvm
and device-mapper?

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage