sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.10.0-test3 released!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.10.0-test3 released!
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:28:55 -0400

Robin Cook (rcook AT wyrms.net) wrote [08.08.15 23:03]:
> I am trying to do an install with this but once it finishes with the
> kernel boot and starts the scripts things get out a whack and I am
> unable to make sense of what is on the screen. Seems there are no
> carriage returns or something and stuff runs off the screen and only a
> few lines at the top that don't make sense.
>
> CuZnDragon

I recently discovered that the isolinux.cfg file on the ISO doesn't
include vga=normal, forcing non-framebuffer mode by default. Please try
booting the ISO with:

install vga=normal

If that doesn't work, please try booting into the initrd's shell and
seeing what is happening in there before it goes to the ISO's init:

install shell

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage