sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] bash talk in bonn

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] bash talk in bonn
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:26:02 +0200

Heya everyone,

I played around a bit with documentation and LaTeX-beamer lately,
and came up with a bunch of slides for what I'd call the
"elementary bash scripting" talk:

http://stash.bearperson.de/bash-scripting.pdf

The contents are basically a collection of elementary concepts needed
in bash scripting, focusing on the things I remember causing trouble
for new scripters if misunderstood.

Mind, I'm not actually sure yet when or if I'll hold this talk,
but when I get the chance at our magemeet I'd give it a shot.
It's not SMGL-specific, so it'd be useful for pretty much anyone
around at the time who may end up writing shell scripts.
Only problem is that I won't be around on the 19th, which iirc is our
"short talks" day, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Anyway, feel free to comment on the concept/slides/schedule/whatever ;)

So Far,
Karsten

--
Open source is not about suing someone who sells your software. It is
about being able to walk behind him, grinning, and waving free CDs with

  • [SM-Discuss] bash talk in bonn, Karsten Behrmann, 08/16/2008