sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Request for comments - formating in spells
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:37:47 +0200

Oh dear ...

I'm against introducing more tabs.

I like the formatting freedom we have.

When I do stuff, I have my own style, but I never do changes just to do
formatting changes.

If people are bothered by such changes, the alternatives to losing freedom
are:
* to exclude whitespace changes from the commit mails, which I already argued
about with David. It would cover other formatting changes, but these are a
bit less common.
* to have designated spell maintainers which dictate the style. Some section
maintainers already do it.
* things I haven't thought of

I'd like to see at least the separation of regular work and such "cleanups",
since they make reviewing sm-commit a lot harder.

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org