sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Quoth logo surgery

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juan Carlos Torres <carlosdgtorres AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Quoth logo surgery
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:21:08 +0800

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 05:34:39 you wrote:
> I found another one on your site, I like it even more:
> http://jucato.org/sourcemage/Quoth2.png
> Problems is that it has detailed feet but no wings.

Despite the numbering, I actually did this version first. the problem was
that, with the shading, it looked anatomically incorrect. I really couldn't
figure out where Quoth's body was facing, so I decided to make the foot as
ambiguous as possible.

> We should create real wooden logo and wait with the camera for some
> quoth. :-)

Actually this was the first version of Quoth that Paul's artist made:
http://jucato.org/sourcemage/QuothDetailed.png

Unfotunately it was too detailed for a logo, but could have been used for more
detailed/intricate designs.

> PPS: I like also you Sorcery documentation, I have never read about it
> and about your icons http://jucato.org/sourcemage/sorcery/

Hehe thanks! Actually Paul wrote about it once or twice in Mage Power. :P

--
Juan Carlos G. Torres
Jucato