sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] How to get a seamonkey (mozilla) plugin out of gcj.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] How to get a seamonkey (mozilla) plugin out of gcj.
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 07:08:07 +0200

On 23:06:26 2008-05-15 "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In binary distributions there's a so called "java-gcj-compat" which
> would be able to provide a "SDK-like interface to the GCJ tool set"
> [1], including the web plugin. But it seems that nowadays it's been
> merged to "GNU Classpath and libgcj"...
>
> There was also a gcj web plugin project (gcjwebplugin) [2], but it
> seems to have been merged with "GNU Classpath" [3].
>
> Although GNU Classpath is not part of gcj, some pieces of it have been
> merged to libgcj apparently [4], although what's there and what's not
> doesn't seem clear to me since the diff web page is way out of date I
> believe [5]...
>
> The point is that it seems that I could get a java mozilla plugin from
> gcj, and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it, specially for
> gcj-4.3.0... Any howto pointer is welcome. It might be that the *.so
> is just there, and the only thing needed is just the link inside the
> mozilla plugins directory, :)...
>
> Thanks,

last I checked it isn't included in gcj... but it is in classpath(for which
we don't have an official spell for it yet(I will be working on it once we
get gcc 4.3 into stable though)).

Though I should mention last time I tried it the plugin mostly crashed the
browser and didn't really do much...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.
Ryle hira.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C