sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] How to get a seamonkey (mozilla) plugin out of gcj.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM, Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] How to get a seamonkey (mozilla) plugin out of gcj.
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:06:26 -0600

Hi,

In binary distributions there's a so called "java-gcj-compat" which
would be able to provide a "SDK-like interface to the GCJ tool set"
[1], including the web plugin. But it seems that nowadays it's been
merged to "GNU Classpath and libgcj"...

There was also a gcj web plugin project (gcjwebplugin) [2], but it
seems to have been merged with "GNU Classpath" [3].

Although GNU Classpath is not part of gcj, some pieces of it have been
merged to libgcj apparently [4], although what's there and what's not
doesn't seem clear to me since the diff web page is way out of date I
believe [5]...

The point is that it seems that I could get a java mozilla plugin from
gcj, and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it, specially for
gcj-4.3.0... Any howto pointer is welcome. It might be that the *.so
is just there, and the only thing needed is just the link inside the
mozilla plugins directory, :)...

Thanks,

--
Javier