sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] KDE 4 cleanup redux

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juan Carlos Torres <carlosdgtorres AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] KDE 4 cleanup redux
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 01:20:40 +0800

It's me again! Sorry for the bug flood. :D

I went through our KDE 4 spells again to see if there still are some missing optional dependencies. I tried to make sure that I didn't go overboard and double checked if some of the dependencies (like qimageblitz or boost) are already resolved down the chain, so to speak, so that it doesn't need to get added again. I'm attaching the summary of the changes I made.

Thanks for the patience and the great distro! :D

--

Juan Carlos G. Torres

Jucato

1024D/6F507597

CHANGELOG

kdelibs4
 * added optional dependency on gssapi for GSSAPI HTTP authentication support
 * added optional dependency on mdnsresponder for Zeroconf/DNS-SD service support

kdebase4-runtime
 * make xine-lib a required dependency (attach build log w/o xine)
 * make libxcb a required dependency (needed for video support)
 * added optional dependency on openexr for EXR support in thumbnails
 * added optional dependency on samba for building the smb-ioslaves

kdeedu4
 * added optional dependencies on OPENGL, readline, and libusb
 * added optional dependency on gpsd for marble
 * updated list of unpackaged optional dependencies and their sources

kdegraphics4
 * updated dependency descriptions
 * replaced kooka with kscanplugin
 * replaced ligature with okular
 * removed optional dependency on OPENGL for kpovmodeler (now in extragear/graphics)
 * added optional dependency on xf86vidmodeproto to build the kgamma control module
 * added optional dependency on qca2 for encrypted ODT support in okular

kdepim4
 * added optional dependency on libxscrnsaver for ktimetracker
 * Note: libopensync >= 0.33 is needed

kdemultimedia4
 * removed optional dependency on gstreamer
 * added dependency on libxcb if xine-lib is enabled (to build Dragon Player)

kdenetwork4
 * added optional dependency on libvncserver to build krfb and vnc support in krdc
 * added optional dependency on mdsnresponder for kdrc, krfb, and to build the dnssd kioslave (libdnssd)
 * added optional dependency on jpeg for JPEG images in krdc
 * added optional dependency on sqlite to build Kopete Statistics and KGet History plugins
 * added optional dependency on libotr to build Kopete Off-The-Record plugin