sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] So, really drop MPG123 provider now?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] So, really drop MPG123 provider now?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:44:01 -0500

Quoting Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>:

So...

Shall I remove the MPG123 provider, then?
Point is also, that mpg321 didn't fulfill that provider for 1,5 years now and nobody noticed (?).

I'd like to drop the provider, make the spells depend on the real mpg123 and remove the conflict between the spells so that people who prever mpg321 (MAD) decoding or some special feature of libao over mpg123 for their personal use can still install mpg321 along mpg123.

Can I get some definite for/agains votes, so that people don't blame me (mpg123 guy) of just killing off a concurrent software project (which intended to kill mine;-)?

+1

--
David Kowis
| www.ronpaul2008.com | www.sourcemage.org |