sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] o woe is me

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] o woe is me
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 20:26:59 +0300

Treeve Jelbert wrote:
just a warning.

yesterday I rebuilt a load of stuff, qt4-4.4.0-rc1 and kde*-4.0.68, using
gcc-4
.3.0. on amd32

Everything compiled ok, but this morning I get a segfault when trying to login via klauncher. Not sure what causes it yet.

I am currently running an older amd64 version of things on the same hardware.

I can confirm this. For me it happens with KDE 4.0.68, Qt 4.4.1-snapshot-20080404, and gcc 4.2.3.

I initially thought the fault was in klauncher too, but I can start KDE4 if I use xdm and configure my .xsession to run /opt/bin/startkde. I can see the klauncher segfault message in my system logs even when I start KDE4 from xdm. So this is either a kdm bug introduced in 4.0.68, or kdm reacting badly to a crashing klauncher.

I talked about this on #kde, but for all I know the ball is in our court. There's possibly something wrong with our build, or maybe not.

@Jucato the KDE Insider: Care to investigate? :)

Juuso