sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] castfs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Dale E. Edmons" <demaillists AT comcast.net>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] castfs
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:01:05 -0700

Thomas Orgis wrote:
Am Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:03:54 -0700
schrieb "Dale E. Edmons" <demaillists AT comcast.net>:
I'd also be interested to know how many people are already using
castfs. I presume we intend to make this the default in the future?

I want castfs. I don't have it on all my installs, but I have used it already.
I think that such encapsulation for any package's "make install" is
absolutely mandatory.
I really want it to be the default and to work with all spells.
Yeah I like the idea behind castfs. It has quite a good design appeal. I'm still getting up on the code and some of the "intents" behind the design, but mostly it seems straight-forward.
Also, with castfs, my long-term project of getting proper account support also
for casting into (to-be) chroots will be piece of cake;-)

So, please, please work on it. I'm most thankful.

I've already got one simple bugfix. But really, the biggest part will be to
come up with a design document that'll decide what the expected behavior(s)
should be.