sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New development ISO available for testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bertrand Juglas <b AT juglas.name>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New development ISO available for testing
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:54:54 +0000 (UTC)

flux <flux <at> sourcemage.org> writes:
> There should be a torrent up soon, with a post to describe how to get at
> that.

I'm also trying to setup torrents for the different images i plan to make
available. I've already downloaded the ISO and MD5.

> Also, if possible I would like this ISO to get tested on as wide a range
> of hardware as possible. I know this may be asking for a lot, but if
> it's possible then this would be great. Specifically, I'm looking to
> make sure that there aren't any issues with laptop hardware and Promise
> hard drive controllers (as we had some somewhat old bugs related to
> those issues, and I wish to ensure those bugs are definitely squashed
> and/or no longer relevant).

I plan to test it today on my laptop DELL Precision M90 to check hardware
support.
Before that, i plan to test it on virtual machines managed by KVM and also
by VMware Workstation to let people test it where they want.

See you later as bertux on #sourcemage !