sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New (helpful?) pkg-config feature

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New (helpful?) pkg-config feature
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:19:47 +0000

On Monday 05 of November 2007 22:37:17 Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> I thought I'd advertise my latest creation here because it has potential
> for making a mage's life easier.
>
> I've written a patch for pkg-config which adds the option to log to a Unix
> socket. That means you can capture info about what packages a configure
> script is looking for -- without ever having to modify the scripts. You
Provided configure uses pkg-config. Also if it doesn't use it for everything,
your application may give a false sense of completeness to the presented
list. But yeah, could be useful. :)
I think the fact that it logs to a socket is not problematic for bash use. It
should be just like reading from a file (think /dev/tcp).

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org