sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] get_kernel_version don't return current running kernel version

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jens Laas <jens.laas AT data.slu.se>
  • To: Philippe caseiro <caseiro.philippe AT free.fr>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] get_kernel_version don't return current running kernel version
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:44:20 +0200 (CEST)

(07.10.15 kl.00:42) Philippe caseiro skrev följande till
sm-discuss AT lists.i...:

hello

I have and old nvidia card ...
To be up to date I try to compile fresh kernel but the new nvidia
drivers no more support my old card.
No problem SMGL is a great distribution an I found nvidia_legacy_96xx
spell. Just what I need but nvidia_legacy_96xx don't compile with
2.6.23 ok I fall back to my 2.6.19 kernel

I launch nvidia_legacy_96xx cast and it doesn't compile because on BUILD file
KVER=$(get_kernel_version), KVER=2.6.23
It's not my current running kernel and nvidia_legacy_96xx cast failed

Should we correct this ?

I usually want to manage the kernel part of the system myself.

So what I do is:
$ dispel --noreap linux

And then make sure that /usr/src/linux is linked to the kernel you want to be reported as the current kernel. Usually that is the kernel you run.

get_kernel_version will first check the version of kernel spell you have installed. If no linux spell is installed it falls back to checking the link in /usr/src. Something like that anyways.

Cheers,
Jens

--
Puppet_Master