sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome 2.19.x / GTK 2.11.6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Gnome 2.19.x / GTK 2.11.6
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:16:40 +0200

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 12:56:44PM -0400, Elisamuel Resto wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:44:19 +0500, George Sherwood wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:37:10 -0400
> > Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Generally speaking, the GTK/Gnome related changes recently pushed into
> > > test caused major havoc here... Audacious, Pidgin, Liferea are some
> > > that either refuse to start for me, or crash upon closing them. Seems
> > > this last bunch of updates are really touchy eh?
> > >

> > I went ahead and pushed the stable version of gtk+2 (2.12.0) to
> > test. Liferea 1.4.1 seems to be working fine for me. I am seeing a
> > Segmentation fault closing pidgin and haven't been able to track it
> > down. It isn't the gtk+2 update though since it was doing it prior to
> > my update.
> >
> > George
> Sigh. Great, now evince doesn't have PDF support thanks to it's strict
> "one version" requirement of poppler. I swear, sometimes Gnome/GTK apps
> are such a pain. I will test out the new GTK and see if that fixes my
> issues, I'll report back.

evince is fixed now by updating it to the 2.19.x version.

I haven't seen any issues with stability here except for liferea using
any GECKO. For months, the only liferea that works for me is one built
without gecko and with gtkhtml2, but I think that's not available
anymore with 1.4.x :(

http://www.sourcemage.org