sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Files needed to restore from back-up

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <sourcemage AT feline-soul.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Files needed to restore from back-up
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:31:10 -0600

Folks.

I'm looking to back-up my files to dvd-rw. It's gonna take a lot, but tape
drives (and the tapes) are just too frikin expensive.

I'm thinking that i could just backup /var/log/sorcery/activity and /etc.
Then
if disaster ever struck, i could install sourcemage from disc, copy over the
activity file and etc and then do a "sorcery --rebuild" do i have that right?

Bearcat M. Sandor