sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] File filters and haskell spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Alexander Tsamutali <astsmtl AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] File filters and haskell spells
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:47:53 +0500

В Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:40:10 -0700
Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com> пишет:

> You dont want to be excluding things, that leads to many
> problems. Exclusion filter is a last resort.
>
> Instead protect the file so its not removed on dispel, mark it
> volatile so cleanse will understand that it may be modified. Then
> handle it whatever way you see best fit in POST_DISPEL.

Almost done but another problem arose:

1. cast haskell-quickcheck
2. cast hasekll-html (at this point we have cached tarball, with cached
package.conf which knows about haskell-quickcheck)
3. dispel haskell-quickcheck (files are removed, and package is
unregistered in POST_REMOVE)
4. cast haskell-html (at this point resurrection occurs, package.conf
is replaced with old version and still thinks that haskell-quickcheck
is installed)

I see 2 solutions: exclude package.conf from other spells or
backup/restore package.conf in {PRE,POST}_RESURRECT

And once again i need your suggestions!

--
Alexander Tsamutali