sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable 0.11

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Stable 0.11
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:23:36 -0500

On Jun 08, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> I've generated a stable-0.10 chroot by doing a `sorcery system-update`
> from the stable-0.9 chroot and uploaded it to our server. The mirrors
> should have the tarball in a few hours.

There is more to updating it than that... yes, I know, I've been lax in
getting the docs I have on the wiki. And I was lax getting it updated this
time both due to my trip and due to Kowis' build machine needing to get
rebuilt. I actually started the update this morning.

I'm going to go ahead and replace yours with mine when it's done, and I'll
get the docs up this cycle so other people can follow them next time if
necessary. I still prefer if we keep the updates happening in a vm vs a
chroot because I'm unreasonably paranoid about chroot stuff leaking in or
out and tainting the image.