sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal (and other) install setup

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal (and other) install setup
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:40:44 -0700

Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> The admin could also just set TRACK_ROOT=INSTALL_ROOT=/elsewhere and
> parallely
> install the new version.

I'd rather the admin *not* have to set custom configs for spells to have
them *not* break on updates. ;) The point of my proposal is to have
updates *not* break current installs and to not require constant
attention from the admin. Yes, the admin can put the spell on hold, but
if many admins are doing this it means, to me, that our spell (or
method) is broken and needs fixing.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285