sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal (and other) install setup

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal (and other) install setup
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:37:09 -0700

Ladislav Hagara wrote:
>> I believe this should be done for *all* spells which install to
>> /usr/share/www (which should be all web-based apps, IMO), but that's for
>

> Yea, there are problems with web-base apps.
> They are installed by install_www_files function and this function (it call
> install_config_file) considers all *.php files as config files. By default
> old *.php files are leaved in its place and new ones are installed as
> *.php.2007xxxxxxx.
> It is better to dispel old phppgadmin before update phppgadmin.
> Should phppgadmin (all web-based apps) contains CONFLICTS phppgadmin?

With my proposed method new versions would have their own directory and
so would not have conflicting .php files. You would only get the
install_config query if you had modified the .php files and were
reinstalling the same version, which, I believe, would be wanted
behaviour (I don't want cast trashing my modified files).

The bug, IMO, is that web apps do not use *proper* config files and
rather have you modify the scripts directly.

> BTW another bug(?) of web-based apps. I always after php update have to
> manually add "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html" to httpd.conf.
> This is removed by POST_REMOVE of php spell. Is it a bug?
<snip>

I believe that depends on which handler you chose when compiling PHP and
how you setup your httpd.conf. Please file a bug so we may figure this
out and, possibly, fix it.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285