sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] new grimoire lead todo

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] new grimoire lead todo
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:41:40 -0500

On Mar 29, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007 10:07:58 Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > > * Gatekeepers check for integration requests at least once a day.
> > > * Integrators check for approved integrations at least once a day.
> >
> > Sorry, but I want a schedule here with names and assigned days. Not just
> > "everyone expects at least one person will look daily". This doesn't mean
> > people can't miss one of their days, but it does mean each person knows
> > which days they are supposed to cover and if someone misses it's less
> > likely the next is missed as well (or the next, or the next). If people
> > want to volunteer to have access or authority they should also volunteer
> > be on the schedule. Your PL is tired of doing this every day himself
> > because it goes weeks between otherwise.
>
> My issue with this is finding volunteers to do it daily, and they might get
> burned out. If we have enough volunteers (heh), it'd be one day a week at
> most that you need to check and do integrations, but most likely it'll be
> every other day for the two volunteers.
>
> I'm willing to do integration requests every day except the weekends
> (usually
> gone for wedding planning or out with friends all weekend). The
> integrations
> I'd be willing to do Wednesday and Thursday (the other days I'm not home
> until after 7PM at the earliest). Volunteers for the other days are welcome
> to add themselves to http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Stable/Integration_Schedule.

So far we are still the only two names on there (and I'm only listed as a
"backup when requested"), and the effects show. I wasn't around a lot last
week and I just caught up on things and I see there are 4 integration
requests sitting there since last week, and 3 of them are security updates.

We need some other names committing to check in at least one day a week, to
hold the process accountable. Eric, can't your assistants do this, if no
one else?