sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ibiblio down, mirror up

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ibiblio down, mirror up
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:27:57 -0500

On Apr 10, Jeremy Blosser [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> The good news is that while I'm not completely done with the mirroring
> redesign and therefore we didn't fail over automatically, I'm done enough
> with it to fail us over manually. So we're back up and will remain so
> while ibiblio figures themselves out.

I should have said, any of you that are actually mirroring off of ibiblio,
you'll want to stop that since you'll be mirroring nothing right now.

You can go ahead and switch to using master.download.sourcemage.org if you
want. This is another service on the new box, running the following
services for master mirror purposes:

http://master.download.sourcemage.org/download, with the obvious things
avaiilable.

rsync://master.download.sourcemage.org, with modules:
::download (everything)
::cauldron (everything cauldron)
::image (/download/cauldron/image only)
::iso (/download/cauldron/iso only)
::grimoire (everything grimoire)
::codex (/download/grimoire/codex only)
::distro (/download/grimoire/distro only)
::fallback (/download/grimoire/fallback only)
::sorcery (everything sorcery)
::tome (everything tome)
::misc (everything misc)
::projects (/misc/projects only)

This is sycned off the tarball master every 3 hours and is what ibiblio
actually gets its data from now.

git://master.download.sourcemage.org, with repositories:
smgl/cauldron.git
smgl/grimoire.git
smgl/grimoire/games.git
smgl/grimoire/xorg-modular.git
smgl/grimoire/z-rejected.git
smgl/sorcery.git

These are read-only trees, synced hourly. If you want to run your own
boxes on grimoires that come directly from git and don't plan to edit those
clones to push back upstream, please point them at this instea of at
scm.sourcemage.org to reduce load on the primary. Better yet, point one of
your boxes at this and all your other boxes at yourself.

NOTE: If the DBG box ever goes away, the master.download service will
failover to the box you all know as fawkes. However, since that box has a
bandwidth cap, all rsync to it is IP-restricted to only approved mirrors.
More coming on that when it's ready. And if people abuse the bandwidth of
this box we may have to restrict it as well.

I should also have said, for those that care, dbg.download.sourcemage.org
is just the download service name; the actual box is named muninn. So,
meet muninn.