sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.6.3-rc1 (grimoire 0.7) ISO needs testing

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.6.3-rc1 (grimoire 0.7) ISO needs testing
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:15:36 +0100

Am Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:08:57 -0600
schrieb Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>:

> We need people to test this to see if it works for them, or if it even
> boots. So far it doesn't work for me under xen but I'm not sure if that's
> related to kernel version mismatches or what.

Booted in qemu... the step of installing the kernel fails.
After enabling debugging sleep I see:

Waiting for the tools needed for kernel isntallation to install...
done with Iso.compile_env.
done with gnupg.
Setting up kernel source tree... (needed by some compiles)
/bin/bash: relocaiton error: /lib/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_out_of_memory,
version G
LIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference
Detecting an error, not mocing forward in the menu.

out of memory ... could indeed be a problem since I started qemu only
with 32MB of RAM (without having to compile stuff, I still think that
this amount should be reasonable to simply boot an iso and copy
files...).
But, well, there seems to be a problem with the glibc install there.
Plus, I'd like to get some message "copying of kernel failed" from the
menu... one has to enter the debugging menu to really see that
something went wrong under the hood (but then, it's nice to have this
debugging menu at all;-).
What about redirecting all program output to the second console? Would
be easier to follow the process.

Thomas.