sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] single user mode

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] single user mode
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 09:51:56 +0100

On 09:43:08 2007-02-06 Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be> wrote:
> since a couple of days, whenever I restart my system, it gets as far
> as the KDE login screen, then refuses to let me login, as it is in
> single user mode. I can't use root at this point either! However,
> starting a separate root session, I can do 'telinit run single stop'.
> After this I can login to kde normally and work without problems.
>
> I can't find any messages in the various logs, so what changed, and
> what needs fixing?
>
> It looks like init.d was updated on my systtem yesterday morning, which
> is when I started having problems.
>

> This is on a dual processor setup.
> --
> Regards, Treeve
You're missing the:
smgl-suspend-single init script.

Not sure why but it somehow doesn't get installed for some ppl.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C