sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] single user mode

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] single user mode
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:43:08 +0100

since a couple of days, whenever I restart my system, it gets as far as the
KDE login screen, then refuses to let me login, as it is in single user mode.

I can't use root at this point either! However, starting a separate root
session, I can do 'telinit run single stop'. After this I can login to kde
normally and work without problems.

I can't find any messages in the various logs, so what changed, and what
needs
fixing?

It looks like init.d was updated on my systtem yesterday morning, which is
when I started having problems.

This is on a dual processor setup.
--
Regards, Treeve