sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] libs/glibc with libidn support

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] libs/glibc with libidn support
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 01:55:17 -0800

Hello,

I was wondering why this wasn't implemented to begin with, but seeing it
was not there (whois spell was broken by default, also saw a old thread on
one of the mailing lists about it) I decided to give it a shot. It compiled
correctly on the first try, and also whois spell works fine without the need
to modify the source at all.

It seems it can be implemented with the old glibc version, but it was
suggested to me to only enable it for the nptl-capable version of glibc.

I am requesting comments on this, as I consider it should be added. See:
http://dragonboricua.net/smgl/spells/glibc-libidn.diff

--
Elisamuel Resto <samuel AT dragonboricua.net>
PGP key ID: 0x18615F19