sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Improved modutils init script comments please

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Improved modutils init script comments please
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:24:18 -0600

On Jan 25, "Andra?? 'ruskie' Levstik" [ruskie AT mages.ath.cx] wrote:
> I'm attaching the improved moduitls init script I've been working on today.
>
> First my position on module loading...
>
> I belive this should be done in a single script not like we currently have
> spread out something in asa something in wine etc...
>
> So this is my idea...
>
> Have a single script that handles all of this like we currently use but
> acctually make use of this facility.
>
> So enough chitchatter here's the script attached.

If we take this approach then surely this:

SUBSYSTEMS="alsa wine lirc drm oss"

should be in a sysconfig file or something that spells add themselves
independent of modultils init script and not the other way around. Or
better yet, the script just looks for any files that are flagged as the
ones to use (/etc/modules.* with +x or something, I don't know).