sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] About mime database...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] About mime database...
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:08:57 -0800

If you're adding stuff to it during installation you probably should be
removing that stuff in POST_REMOVE. Regardless of any other infrastructure.

If having the file removed entirely prevents you from removing that
stuff then you can put it in the 'protected' filter, that will make
dispel ignore it. Alternatively if every time you update-mime-database
its a full database rebuild then protection isn't necessary.

You probably also want to have it in the volatiles filter (regardless
of protectedness), since cleanse will complain when the file is modified.
And in this case modification is ok.

-Andrew