sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] depending on xorg-modular

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Lalo Martins <lalo.martins AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] depending on xorg-modular
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:27:11 +0800

Ok, the reason I'm asking this to the list is that, since there's no
modular 7.x, I expect soon we will have more spells encountering the same
problem.

So I finally added the beryl spells to master. Then Ruskie brought up a
very good question: they depend on xorg-modular. I tried cross-grimoire
depends, but that doesn't work quite ideally, since xorg-modular is in a
non-standard location and therefore can't be fetched by cast. Ruskie
suggests I just put the whole section in xorg-modular, which would work;
but that feels "wrong" to me, as currently there are no other
non-Xorg-related spells there (only a few "forked" versions of spells that
are also in master but need to be different if cast over modular, such as
mesalib and the ati driver).

Right now, I tend to agree with Rusky, albeit uneasily. But I thought I
should ask first. What are other people's thoughts on that?

best,
Lalo Martins
personal: http://www.laranja.org/
technical: http://lalo.revisioncontrol.net/