sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ATI Video Cards and 64bit Linux

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Daniel Goller <dgoller AT satx.rr.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ATI Video Cards and 64bit Linux
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:31:26 -0500

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:33:29 -0500
copeland1936 AT sbcglobal.net wrote:

> I have successfully built a minimum 64bit SourceMage. I have
> installed xorg 6.9.0 and kde 3.5.4. All installed OK.
>
> I have an ATI Radeon X1300Pro video card. Of course I need 64bit
> drivers for this card. I wheeled out to the ATI website, found the
> 64bit driver but..... The system requirements require some 8-10
> packages, 32bit version. My system is pure 64bit, and I would like
> it to remain that way. Am I screwed here with the ATI card? Has
> anyone run into this? Did they solve the problem? If so, how?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> John Copeland

smgl-emul32 should cover you there.

i have not gotten around to move all the libs from ATI to the right
places in a spell for Modular X (although i have it working i have put
it on backburner to spellify it).
The 32bit libs you look for are in that package and due to them being
binaries they are in z-rejected grimoire.

with 6.9 the ati driver picked locations for libs might work out better
for you.

Yes the libs install on a Pure 64-bit system w/o doing any harm to the
64bit libs. They also allow using of games, in short most 32bit
binaries you might want to run on a 64bit system.

Daniel