sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] ATI Video Cards and 64bit Linux

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: copeland1936 AT sbcglobal.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] ATI Video Cards and 64bit Linux
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:33:29 -0500

I have successfully built a minimum 64bit SourceMage. I have installed xorg
6.9.0 and kde 3.5.4. All installed OK.

I have an ATI Radeon X1300Pro video card. Of course I need 64bit drivers for
this card. I wheeled out to the ATI website, found the 64bit driver but.....

The system requirements require some 8-10 packages, 32bit version. My system
is pure 64bit, and I would like it to remain that way. Am I screwed here
with the ATI card? Has anyone run into this? Did they solve the problem?
If so, how?

Thanks for any help.

John Copeland