sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ati and xorg

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Craig Dyke <grail AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ati and xorg
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:34:51 +0800

Daniel

If that is the case, is xorg 7.1 available in test grimoire yet?

I am happier to go forward then back :)

Craig

Daniel Goller wrote:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:51:11 +1000
Andrew Gunstone <agunstone AT equigold.net.au> wrote:

To get Xorg up and running I had to remove 6.9.0 and install 6.8.1 version. 6.8.2 gave me the same error.

Regards Andrew

using fglrx here on modular xorg 7.1, works fine :)

newer could be a solution too, not just older
i know the latest drivers have support now for the newer modular xorg,
not sure if this in anyway perhaps maybe affected their backward
compatability