sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular, nvidia and Yahoo

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Xorg-modular, nvidia and Yahoo
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:18:08 -0700

Quoting "Bearcat M. Sandor" <sourcemage AT feline-soul.com>:
Folks,

This is bizarre. Ever since i updated to xorg-modular i can't view Yahoo
pages. Anything that comes from Yahoo, be it a mailing list summary, a web
page or whatever is un-viewable. Text is just not rendered at all. Sometimes
i get a small horizontal line, but that's it.

I'm running xorg-modular, kde and the nvidia driver.

Any one else seen this?

With Xorg modular and KDE I noticed that I have no anti-aliased fonts (and none ever show up in the listings to try and manually select them). Do other KDE windows have fonts? What browser are you using and have you tried using another browser? Tried another window manager? I have not tried xorg-modular with my nVidia-card box, only my ATi.

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/