sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular and standards for questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular and standards for questions
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:23:49 -0600

I compiled xorg-modular yesterday in an attempt to get a newer x
server so I could start seeing how broke my laptop is... I noticed a
few things.

steps I took were as follows:
1) add xorg-modular grimoire
2) dispel xorg
3) cast libx11 (just to be different)
4) cast xorg-server

it worked fine and with a little tweeking on the xorg-server spell I
was able to get it installed.

but I did notice several things on the questions being asked of the
user and it went something like this:

Enable <blah> support? [y]
Disable <blah> support? [n]
Enable <blah> support? [y]

This confused me greatly, I'm used to seeing "<posative-action>
<part-o-spell> support?" questions with a default safe answer
('posative-action' mean enable, to start, to build, anything
non-negative). With the rate I go through questions having to process
a double negative to figure out what happens is to much.

So I was wondering if we had some sort of standard or agreed upon
general format for question?

- David Brown