sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:10:04 -0500

On Jun 19, Andra?? ruskie Levstik [ruskie AT mages.ath.cx] wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser wrote :
> > I haven't imported xorg-modular, stage-root, etc. yet. Arwed, do you want
> > these as separate grimoires or devel- branches of the main grimoire? Note
> > they'd get imported without ancestry so there's not a real downside to
> > just
> > making them branches. The only issue I see doing it one way vs the other
> > is that xorg-modular contains a z- section and we may not want that
> > distributed with the main grimoire repo.
>
> That z-section is only temporary and those fixes should go to z-rej anyway.
>
> Personaly I'd see it as separate. I'd also like to see if it can be made as
> a standing devel for xorg-modular but that I need to try with various cherry
> picking and stuff. The reason for this is mainly one. To ease testing of new
> components and to easily spot any missing components that were added
> upstream.

You can't directly cherry pick between them unless it's a branch of the
same repo.

I haven't heard any concrete reason for them to be separate. They're
content that belongs in the regular grimoire, with some of the same
sections and some new ones. They're pretty much topic branches by
definition. I'd rather not setup yet another set of ACLs/etc. unless
there's a good reason.