sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] scm next steps
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:37:42 +0200

Jeremy Blosser wrote :

> gpg: Signature made pon 19 jun 2006 13:35:34 CEST using DSA key ID F009764F
> gpg: Good signature from "Jeremy Blosser <jblosser AT firinn.org>"
> gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.

> Primary key fingerprint: 867D C269 21C2 7643 E9E3 6478 285D BEC5 F009 764F
>

> On Jun 16, Jeremy Blosser [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:

> it to

> pushes
> > >
> > > Looks good. The only difference I found was a couple of deletions in the
> > > qgit spell that aren't in git (BUILD, INSTALL, PRE_BUILD,
> > > qgit-0.97.3.tar.bz2.sig).
> >
> > Ok, I've opened it back up for pushes. Have at it.
>
> games and z-rejected are imported and open for pushes.
>
> ssh://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire/games.git
> ssh://scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire/z-rejected.git
> (You may want to clone these carefully so they don't try to write to your
> existing grimoire tree given that path; all the grimoires will be using
> this type of path shortly so that smgl/grimoire/ contains all grimoires.)
>
> The main grimoire is also imported, I'll catch it up to the other git in
> the next few days and then we can switch over to it.
>
> I haven't imported xorg-modular, stage-root, etc. yet. Arwed, do you want
> these as separate grimoires or devel- branches of the main grimoire? Note
> they'd get imported without ancestry so there's not a real downside to just
> making them branches. The only issue I see doing it one way vs the other
> is that xorg-modular contains a z- section and we may not want that
> distributed with the main grimoire repo.

That z-section is only temporary and those fixes should go to z-rej anyway.

Personaly I'd see it as separate. I'd also like to see if it can be made as
a standing devel for xorg-modular but that I need to try with various cherry
picking and stuff. The reason for this is mainly one. To ease testing of new
components and to easily spot any missing components that were added upstream.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461