sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] MAINTAINER file

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] MAINTAINER file
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:46:29 +0200

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:32:07AM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > <snip>
>
> > Of course the problem with this is it only lets certain
> > spells list an individual maintainer and probably raises again the
> > question
> > of how spells should really be organized.
> <snip>
>
> Oh, please raise the question... ;-) Yesterday again I was asking myself
> metaphysical questions such as "why a spell goes in graphics-libs
> instead of x11-libs", things like that... ;-)
>
> Just a word about that, is still planned to do something after we chose
> our new SCM, or is it planned to be post 1.0 ?

We'll check it again when we have a final decision on the SCM.
Depending on the SCM, some way of organizing spells may be more or less
good for storage/history. E.g. in git, moving complete spells around
shouldn't be a problem at all, as files and their location are seperate
entities.

http://www.sourcemage.org