sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Moving and stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Moving and stuff
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:28:13 -0500

David Brown wrote:
> I'm going to be in and out of the loop here in the next few weeks.
> On the 22nd I'm going to be moving from Pullman, WA to Richland, WA.
> So in the next few weeks I'm going to be packing like crazy and
> setting up apartment to make it my new home, etc. Until then I'll
> have dmlb2000.homelinux.org up but after that I don't know when I'll
> get internet working and change everything around so it works. I have
> a week to do that because on the 27th I'm going to Boise, ID for an
> internship at Micron and I'll start work on the next tuesday. I'll be
> working for Micron for 12 weeks so I'm not sure how much time I'll
> have (it's only an 8-5/40hr a week job so this isn't an "I don't have
> enough time for Source Mage" speech). So just letting everyone know
> that the new kernel patches may not get into the grimoire hours after
> their release, I might not be able to update them for several days.
> If you notice a new kernel patch out feel free to put it in the spell
> or submit a bug for it to get updated (if you are curious as to how to
> update the spell I have a script to use perforce and do all the
> changes automagically
> //sgl/grimoires/devel/kernels/linux/info/updatepatch).
>
> - David Brown

Congrats on the internship! :)

I am also moving, through this weekend and perhaps next week. Although I
should have internet up at the new place by monday at the latest.
Of course, I'll be hella busy then unpacking and setting up in the new
place.... And I'm kinda tired/spaced out at the moment, just signed my
life away to paying for a house ;)

- --
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
SourceMage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein

- Arthur C. Clarke