sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Team Tasklist for 1.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Team Tasklist for 1.0
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:43:38 +0200

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 12:21:09AM +0300, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> This is probably beside the point, but which team decides whether hotplug
> is
> still a part of the 1.0 install? What are the pros and cons to using
> hotplug?

It really depends on whether we can get the 2.6 udev setup work
completely without hotplug, which is supposed to be doable. hotplug is
officially deprecated for 2.6 kernels.
The spell will have to stay though for 2.4 kernels, but I'm not sure if
the current hotplug version even works on that (I think I saw some
references to /sys in the hotplug scripts).

http://www.sourcemage.org