sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Team Tasklist for 1.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Team Tasklist for 1.0
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:31:12 -0600

On Apr 01, Juuso Alasuutari [iuso AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> This is probably beside the point, but which team decides whether hotplug
> is
> still a part of the 1.0 install? What are the pros and cons to using
> hotplug?

It's really only relevant in terms of what the 1.0 ISO will/can install.
Currently it'll do static dev or udev on the new system and I guess
installs hotplug if you use udev. If your fixes make hotplug not required
then theoretically it wouldn't get automatically installed with udev but
might still be an optional spell from the installer extra spell menu.

(I don't use udev or hotplug so I could be entirely wrong about how hotplug
gets installed from the ISO now.)