sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.0.1 complaints

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: "Jeremy A. Kolb" <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.0.1 complaints
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:58:19 -0600

Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> I think that if there is a problem building something with one version of
> gcc we should fall back to an older version for that spell. Isn't that
> what we did gor gcc2?

In some cases there's a simple patch that can be applied. It happened
that way in the case of xdelta.

But yes, we can make the spell explicitly use gcc34.

--
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
Source Mage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein

- Arthur C. Clarke