sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SCM tools...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SCM tools...
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:33:17 -0500

Andrew "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
No this is not we should use a particular tool as our SCM...
This is a proposal for a new grimoire section.

As someone on the formu pointed out they like our logical organisation
of spells into section...

However I belive not all spells are where they should be so I'm trying
to solve that where I can...

I've been looking in the devel section and noticed the following spells
there:
arx
bazaar
cogito
cssc
cvs
cvs2cl
cvsgraph
cvsps
darcs
esvn
gcvs
git
gitk
mcvs
monotone
rcs tla
tkcvs
qgit
syncmail
revc

There's more in python-devel, but remember that it has section-wide default_build and default_install that are rewritten to call default_build_python and default_install_python. You'll need to call those yourself if you move spells from python-devel.
OK figured out what popular SCM was missing up there yet...

Yup that's right subversion...
so a gaze where revealed it was in collab...

I created the collab section long time ago and created a Subversion spell in my section. It kinda stuck.

And I found the following in collab...
aegis:
Transaction-based software configuration management system
rapidsvn:
RapidSVN is wxWindows-based Subversion client
subversion:
Compelling replacement for CVS
gsvn:
PyGTK GUI Client for the Subversion version control system
gsvn is abandoned I believe, so it's better to deprecate it. RapidSVN is not easy, breaks too often (it's broken now), so beware.

Sergey.