sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: GCC 3.4.6 Release status (integrating gcc 4.x as the main compiler?)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: GCC 3.4.6 Release status (integrating gcc 4.x as the main compiler?)
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:57:41 +0100

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 10:01:30PM -0800, David Brown wrote:
> Do we have an integration plan for getting gcc 4.x as our main compiler?
>
> Has http://wiki.sourcemage.org/gcc_4.0_testing been kept up-to-date?

No, it's completely outdated. We still have the occasional less used
spell fail with gcc 4, but given our compatibility system with
GCC_VERSION it's easy to quick-fix these, so in that area I don't see a
problem with an integration soon.
But we have to fix the other issues with split gcc and especially
GCC_VERSION first (see previous thread on this list).