sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Spell Signing . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Spell Signing . . .
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:36:35 +0200

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 06:46:13PM +0200, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 08:31:07AM -0700, Jason Flatt wrote:
> > Hello, folks.
> >
> > I have an update to the openoffice2-bin spell in the z-rejected grimoire
> > ready
> > to submit. The only problems are that my GPG key is not in that keyring
> > and
> > I don't remember the command sequence for getting it there, I don't know
> > what
> > the correct command sequence is for creating the alternative sha512 hash,
> > and
> > the Web site, with that information readily available, is not so
> > available.
> >
> > Would someone please post to this list the methods for doing those things
> > so
> > that I may update the spell and the keyring, and so that I may find those
> > methods later if I get into this situation again? Thanks.
>
> To import your gpg key into the grimoire keyring:
> p4 edit gurus.gpg
> gpg --export $KEY | gpg --import --no-default-keyring --keyring \
> /path/to/gurus.gpg

I forgot to add, you should use a RSA pgp key for this so you can use
SHA512 digests in your signatures. Here's the function I have in my
~/.bashrc to create the signatures:
gurusign() { (
local FILE="$1"
local NAME="$(basename $1)"
local SIG="./$NAME.sig"
gpg -o "$SIG" --default-key BCD6570E --personal-digest-preference SHA512
--detach-sign "$FILE"
) }

Replace BCD6570E with whatever your key ID is :)
You can give it any path and the signature file will end up in the
current directory.