sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Ad-hoc bugzilla

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Ad-hoc bugzilla
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:51:33 +0200

Hi all!
I've been a bit annoyed lately because we're missing a bugzilla, and
so I can't easily look through "what needs to be done for 0.9.6" or
such.

Therefore, I've come up with a script that scans the bugzilla mails you
still have around in your inboxes and mail folders, and parses them into
some format that we can feed back into bugzilla.

With this data, we won't get all the data back, which means fancy queries
with "resolution changed in last 7 days" won't work. But we'll have
the main bug status values and the comments.

So, I'd ask that everyone who has some bug mails left and would like
to have the data back in an ad-hoc bugzilla should run the attached script
and send me the results (You can run it as any user). Here's the syntax:

1. Go somewhere where we'll put the bug data (this can get up to 20MB when
processing 5000 bug mails here, but it'll compress well later), e.g.
$ cd /tmp

2. Make the directory "bugs" that will contain the bug data we gather
$ mkdir bugs

3. Run the script on the mail folders or mailboxes that contain bug mails.
On my system, that would be
$ /home/karsten/getinfo.sh "/home/karsten/Mail/Bug Notifications" \
/home/karsten/Mail/SM-Sorcery-Bugs

When the script finds a directory, it will process all files in it as if
they were mails. It ignores all files that do not seem to be bugzilla mails.
When it finds a file, it will assume it is a set of one or more mails,
and parse it accordingly (so mbox and mozilla mail format should work).

4. Create an archive to send to me for inclusion in the database
$ tar -cjf ~/bugs.tar.bz2 bugs

5. Clean up - you can now remove /tmp/bugs again
$ rm -r /tmp/bugs

6. Send the file bugs.tar.bz2 in your home dir to BearPerson AT gmx.net

You're done! Now I just have to merge your data into my Big Bugdata Set (tm)
and put it into the database. If we're lucky, we'll have the bugs
back soon.

Looking forward to lots of bug data :-)

So Far, you'll hear more soon,
Karsten Behrmann

--
Karsten Behrmann | Source Mage GNU/Linux developer, ISO team
BearPerson AT gmx.net | http://www.sourcemage.org

  • [SM-Discuss] Ad-hoc bugzilla, Karsten Behrmann, 10/09/2005