sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] plan 9 tools port

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] plan 9 tools port
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:36:05 +0200

Hi all,

I have a question about where to install some binaries:
Wmii now depends on some plan9 tools ported to Unix
(http://wmi.modprobe.de/snaps/9rc-20050823.tar.gz)
and the thing is, most of them are casual binaries like tee, sort, sed
etc... so of course we don't want to erase the regular ones with those.
The default install path for them is /usr/local/9/ and I guess wmii
checks for those in there when building/executing.
The question is where do you think I should make the spell install
those? And how to be sure that they won't interfere with the regular
binaries in everyday's use?

Cheers,
Mathieu.

--